Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 20: Coworker Christmas Party

Years ago, a company I used to work for would have a family Christmas party each year, organized by the employees at someone's house. I only made it to one, as they stopped having them after Amanda's first Christmas. But this year (almost 3 years since I left the company!) they decided to hold one again and invited several "alumni" to attend as well. It was great catching up with old friends and seeing how their kids have grown!

As always, "Santa" came to visit the party. Parents are responsible for bringing a wrapped present for each of their own kids, which are surreptitiously handed off for inclusion in Santa's sack. Each child gets a chance to sit on Santa's knee and receive their present.

Amanda seemed a little subdued after receiving her present from Santa. When I asked her why, she told me he wasn't really Santa - she could see his own beard underneath his Santa beard. We talked a bit about how Santa couldn't be everywhere and he was just helping out, but it was kind of a sad reminder of how fleeting her "little kid" days are.

I do like this picture of me and the kids with Santa:
Gifts from Santa

I love Amanda's tender little head pat for Sam!

No comments: